The products and the project coordinators are
- Oil and fat production technology from inedible biomass using yeast, Idemitsu Kosan Co
- A rose flavor production system using a growth-independent bioprocess and continuous isolation, Takasago International Corp
- Mass production technology in plants for highly modified proteins, Chiyoda Corporation
- Production system for useful flavor and fragrance intermediates, Ogawa Flavors & Fragrances Co.
- A production system for cannabinoid compounds using Actinomycetes hosts, Digzyme Inc.
- Mass production system for highly absorbed natural carotenoids, Harima Chemicals Co.
Funding will be 20-100 million JP¥ per project per year, including self-funding for the grant phase.
Japan’s NEDO launches 6 industrial demonstrators for bio-manufactured products