Nikkei Biotech has reviewed the biotech budgets of the Japanese government for 2024.
- Japan’s bio-related budget for 2024 remains unchanged at 180.4 billion yen, strengthening cranial nerve disease research and food security
- Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare promotes research into elucidating the pathology and diagnosis of dementia.
- Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry secures 1.3 billion to 1.4 billion yen for drug delivery technology development
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology increases research support budget for neuroscience by 400 million yen
- Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries issues 3 new research projects in biotechnology
- Ministry of the Environment to investigate new sources of greenhouse gas absorption
- The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry has secured 21.3 billion yen as a bio-related budget for fiscal 2024.
More deteils in the original article
Biotech budgets 2024 of the Japanese government