In this project, biomass species such as wood-based, wet-based, urban-based and mixed system will be evaluated for feasibility, deployment requirements and value-chains for recycling biomass from cities and agricultural areas. Participants are:
• Takenaka Corporation
• Chiba Prefecture (biomass from livestock manure)
• Akan Agricultural Cooperatives
• Hokkaido Air Water Co., Ltd.
• Hokkaido (fuel reduction by bamboo reforming)
• Hitachi, Ltd.
• Fukuoka Prefecture (forest waste recirculation)
• Sanyo Chip Industrial Co., Ltd.
• EECL Ltd.
• Yamaguchi Prefecture (woody biomass energy)
• Nagano forestry association
• Nagano Prefecture (integrated regional wood heat utilization system for woodlands)
• Tokai University
• Tokyu Resort Service
• Nagano Prefecture
The focus will be on biogas and methane fermentation at high temperature (about 55 ℃) with biomass of low moisture content. Wastewater emissions as compared to wet methane fermentation should be small.
NEDO news release, November 4, 2016